HOMETechnical SupportCentrifugal Model Test and Numerical SimulationInfrastructure Technologies
- Principles of centrifugal model test
- It is an effective scaled model test for evaluating behavior characteristics of large civil engineering structure
- It is difficult to simulate actual behaviors and strength and hardness of material get smaller according to a difference in
stress inside model component material in accordance with scale.
- It is an experimental technique which realizes similar conditions as those of actual large structure by compensating stress
reduction according to scale with the use of centrifuge acceleration while specimen is rotating.
- It is widely used in every geo-engineering field.
- Plan for application of centerifugal model test
Model texts in constructon engineering field
- Centrifugal model tests being performed at K-Water
Seismic performance evaluation of embankment dams
Soft ground improvement and embankment construction process