HOMEAbout UsK-water HRD Institute
K-water HRD Institute
A hub of training experts for water management, K-water HRD Institute
K-water HRD Institute was established in 1982 as K-water Academy.
In 1990, K-water Academy started its training courses for
local government officials. Since then, K-water Academy has
become the leading water education center within the industry.
In 1997, the academy commenced with International Training
courses which focused on sharing and disseminating the
knowledge that K-water has obtained.
In recognition of K-water Academy’s great achievements in
training, it was designated as an Excellent Educational Institute
in 2011 by Water Links, which was jointly founded by the ADB,
USAID and IWA.
- Korean HRD Grand Prize Award
- Opening of Water Distribution Network Education Center
- Excellent Organization Award on Activation of free semester
- Excellent Organization Award on Education Donation
- Korean Grand Prize Award on Education Donation
- Opening of IWRM department in K-water College (Bachelor)
- Selected as Best-HRD certificate organization
- K-water Academy renamed as K-water Human Resources Development Institute
- Won the Grand Award in Pro Bono Education by the Ministry of Education
- Won the Grand HRD Award of Korea
- Was acknowledged as the excellent educational institution by WaterLinks
- Won the Presidential Talent Development Award
- Acquired Best-HRD Certification & received an award as the Best Institution
- Won the Best Talent Management Award of Korea & started the operation of environmental education programs for teachers
- Established Cyber Academy
- Global education programs commenced
- Provision of education programs for municipal or provincial
- government employees commenced
- K-water Academy was founded